- Austin Texas Vacation Guide
About Austin Texas Vacation Guide
Where To Eat, Shop, Play, and Stay in Austin
Austin, the capital of Texas, is a great vacation destination for families due to its many kid-friendly activities. From visiting the zoo and going swimming to taking a tour of the state capitol and watching movies outdoors, there is something for everyone to enjoy in Austin. So pack up your bags and head to Austin for an unforgettable family vacation!
Things to do in Austin Texas Vacation Guide
Things to do
- Visit the Austin Zoo. The Austin Zoo is a great place to take the kids. With over 100 animals, the zoo is small enough to walk through in a day but big enough to keep the kids entertained. The zoo also offers educational programming, so your kids can learn about the animals while they are having fun.
- Go swimming at Barton Springs Pool. Barton Springs Pool is a man-made swimming hole that is fed by underground springs. The pool is open year-round, so you can go swimming no matter what time of year you visit Austin. The water is always refreshing and the kids will love splashing around in the pool.
- Take a tour of the Texas State Capitol building. The Texas State Capitol building is one of Austin's most iconic landmarks. You can take a free tour of the Capitol building and learn about the history of Texas while admiring the architectural beauty of the building. After the tour, be sure to take the kids to see the giant Texas flag on top of the Capitol building. They will be impressed!
- Visit the Thinkery Children's Museum. The Thinkery Children's Museum is a great place for kids of all ages to learn and have fun at the same time. With interactive exhibits and educational programs, your kids will love spending time at the museum. And, after a few hours at the museum, they will probably be ready for a nap!
- See a show at Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-In Movie Theatre. What could be more fun than watching a movie outdoors with your family? At Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-In Movie Theatre, you can watch classic movies on an inflatable screen while sitting in your car (or bring lawn chairs and blankets to sit on). Be sure to bring snacks for the family to enjoy during the movie!
Explore Austin Texas Vacation Guide
- Torchy's Taco's - This taco joint is known for its unique and tasty tacos. There are several locations throughout Austin, and most of them are family friendly.
- Franklin's BBQ - This popular barbecue restaurant is a must-stop for anyone visiting Austin. It can be quite crowded, but the food is well worth it.
- Amy's Ice Creams - This ice cream shop offers over 300 flavors of ice cream, as well as delicious toppings and desserts. It's a great place to take the kids for a sweet treat.
- Kerbey Lane Cafe - This cafe offers all-day breakfast and lunch, as well as a wide variety of vegan and vegetarian dishes. It's a great place for families with diverse dietary needs.
- Hopdoddy Burger Bar - This burger bar offers creative and delicious burgers, as well as fries, salads, and shakes. It's perfect for families who love to indulge in burgers and fries.
Statistics about Austin Texas Vacation Guide
0+ Properties for rent
Prices range from $/night
Weather for Austin Texas Vacation Guide
The best time to visit Austin, Texas is in the late fall or winter. The weather is usually mild during this time, and you can enjoy all the city has to offer without dealing with the heat and humidity of summer.