- Galveston Texas Vacation Guide
Featured Galveston Texas Vacation Guide Vacation Rentals
These are our favorite picks for this area.
Don't miss out on these Texas Vacation Rental Listings
About Galveston Texas Vacation Guide
Where To Eat, Shop, Play, and Stay in Galveston
More than just a pretty beach town, Galveston has something for everyone.. Art and culture lovers can explore the many art galleries and museums. History buffs can take a step back in time with a visit to one of the many historic sites. Shopaholics can find unique treasures in the chic boutiques. And foodies can enjoy fresh seafood and other local specialties.
Come experience the charm of this historic island for yourself. This charming southern retreat is just 50 miles from the big city of Houston!
Things to do in Galveston Texas Vacation Guide
Things to Do in Galveston
Things to do:
- Visit the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier - This historic pier has been transformed into a family-friendly amusement park, complete with rides, games, and food.
- Take a ghost tour - Learn about some of the most haunted places on the island during a guided ghost tour.
- Visit the Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig Museum - This museum is dedicated to the history of offshore drilling and features interactive exhibits.
- Go on a dolphin watching cruise - See dolphins up close during a cruise around Galveston Bay.
- Play at the beach - Galveston Island State Park offers 32 miles of beaches for swimming, sunbathing, fishing, and more.
- Take a harbor tour - See the sights of Galveston from the water on a harbor tour.
- Visit Moody Gardens - This family-friendly attraction features a rainforest pyramid, an aquarium, and a butterfly garden.
- Ride the Galveston Island Railroad - This historic railroad offers scenic tours of the island.
- Explore the downtown area - There are plenty of shops, restaurants, and historic buildings to explore in downtown Galveston.
- Visit the Texas Seaport Museum - Learn about the history of seafaring and the immigrant experience at this museum.
Transportation for Galveston Texas Vacation Guide
Statistics about Galveston Texas Vacation Guide
0+ Properties for rent
Prices range from $/night
Weather for Galveston Texas Vacation Guide
Galveston is a great place to visit any time of year, but the best time to go is during the spring or fall. The weather is mild and there are fewer crowds than in the summer. Spring is also a good time to visit if you want to see the wildflowers that bloom on the island. Fall is a great time to go for the annual Oktoberfest celebration.