- Waco Texas Vacation Guide
Featured Waco Texas Vacation Guide Vacation Rentals
These are our favorite picks for this area.
Don't miss out on these Texas Vacation Rental Listings
About Waco Texas Vacation Guide
Where To Eat, Shop, Play, and Stay in Waco
Waco is a city in central Texas, and is situated between Austin and Dallas in the heart of Texas. Waco is one of the Lone Star State's charming smaller cities and home to Baylor University.
By the Brazos River, Cameron Park Zoo is home to lions, otters and meerkats. The Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum traces the history of the state law enforcement agency and displays vintage badges and weapons. The Dr Pepper Museum pays homage to the famed, locally invented soft drink. The Waco Mammoth National Monument is a fossil site home to the bones of Columbian mammoths.
Come for a weekend getaway, a ladies day out, a college tour of the Baylor Campus, or simply to relax. Enjoy all that Waco has to offer.
Highlights of Waco Texas Vacation Guide
Things to do:
- Visit the Waco Mammoth National Monument - This is a great place to see some fascinating fossils, and it's also a great way to learn about the area's history.
- Take a tour of the Dr Pepper Museum - If you're a fan of Dr Pepper, then you'll definitely want to check out this museum. You can learn all about the history of the soft drink, and you can even see some old commercials.
- Visit the Baylor University campus - Baylor University is a great place to visit, especially if you're a sports fan. You can tour the campus, and you can also catch a game at one of the university's sporting facilities.
- Cameron Park Zoo is a beautiful place to take a stroll, and you can also find a number of different trails to explore. The park is also home to a variety of different plant and animal species, so you can learn more about the area's ecology while you're there.
- Visit the Mayborn Museum Complex - The Mayborn Museum Complex is a great place to learn about the area's history and culture. There are a number of different exhibits available, and you can also take part in a number of different educational programs.
- Shop at Magnolia Market - If you're a fan of the television show "Fixer Upper," then you'll definitely want to check out Magnolia Market. This is the store owned by Chip and Joanna Gaines, and you can find a number of different items for your home.
- Play a round of golf at the Cottonwood Creek Golf Course - The Cottonwood Creek Golf Course is a great place to spend a day, especially if you're a fan. Come for a weekend getaway, a convention, a tour, or simply to relax. Enjoy all that Waco has to offer.
Transportation for Waco Texas Vacation Guide
Statistics about Waco Texas Vacation Guide
0+ Properties for rent
Prices range from $/night
Weather for Waco Texas Vacation Guide
The weather in Waco is hot and humid in the summer, with temperatures often reaching the triple digits. The winters are mild, but can occasionally see snow and ice storms. Spring and fall are the best times to visit, with moderate temperatures and beautiful weather.